Saturday, April 7, 2012

Jason's wine blog

Dinner - 622 North Main

The arrival of Spring  always gives people a happiness feeling to hang out with friends and family, and I think bringing my best friend to wine tasting in a real wine restaurant is the best choice for the weekend. Therefore I brought my best friend Josh to 622,  which is one of the best wine restaurant in Blacksburg.
The pictures is the entrance of the restaurant. Since this is my second time of visit, so I did not have any difficutit time to find the direction. We arrived there at around 7 45 pm on Saturaday, 4/7.

I know this pictures is sort of awakward but this is the only one that I got with the food that I ordered  which is a popular 622 burger.
As I am a sweet wine lover, I frequently choose Resling as my "dinner partner ", and the wine in the picture is Sawtooth Skyline 2009
My best friend JOSHH!!

It does not make me surprise that 622 is a decent wine restaurant, as all the tables have been reserved already before dinner time, my best friend and I have to stay in the bar side but we still had so much fun as barcelona was playing on ESPN and they won 2-0 in the league.

 This refreshing 2009 Sawtooth Riesling combines the aromas of lemon and tangerine citrus fruits with a hint of honey. Tart granny smith apples, melon and honeysuckle give balanced acidity that creates a smooth fruitful wine on the palate. Chilled, this wine is a great summer time sipper, easy to pair with food, especially spicy entrees.

Overall, I had a wonderful time of wine tasting and having a valuable lesson about Resling. However, if I come over again, I think I will try Chadonnay becasue the waiter kept promoting their Chadonnay to us when we were making our orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment