Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Jason Wine blog

Dinner - Zeppoli's Italian restaurant (Italy) 

Today I am not in a good mood, so I decided to go to taste some wine with dinner, and  this meal eventually made me my day. I felt better is not because of the alcohol in the wine but the atmosphere in the restaurant and the delicious meal that I had. My favourite sweet white wine  with a delicious pasta as a combo, this combination is the best thing in the world. 





(the picture above is not the actual image of the restaurant) 

I  downloaded this picture from the google, since I forgot to take one when I got there. However, I don't think this will reduce the readers passion to see my blog as the main pictures are in the following with the delicious meal, and which I will talk more about it in the next paragraph. I arrived at the restaurant at 8 30 pm which is late as I did not drive there but walking by myself instead. It took me a while to find it as the location is sort of hidden. The address is 810 university blvd, backsburg, VA which is behind the holiday Inn hotel. 


I had a great time !! The dishes besides me is the chicken mushroom pasta and the white wine that I was holding is the German resling 2010


The 2010 Dr. L Riesling from Loosen Bros. is an entry-level Mosel Riesling produced by Ernst Loosen, owner of the highly acclaimed Dr. Loosen estate. Wine Spectator Senior Editor Bruce Sanderson, who reviews German wines for the publication, wrote of the 2010 Dr. L: Sleek and tangy, showing apricot, lime and mango flavors matched to a lively structure. There’s nice harmony and persistence through the finish.”  This wine has a touch of residual sweetness, just enough to balance the ripe acidity. Bravo!
(sources from)
My review
This white wine is fruity with great sweetness, which tastes great with no dryness at all. According to the wine searcher.com , its rank is 543, which I think it is being underrated, as this is the best wine I have ever tasted . 

pasta




Shrimp and Chicken Rosé
Large Gulf shrimp, sliced chicken breast and button mushrooms served in creamy tomato sauce over fusilli (spiral) pasta – 15.99


I would say this pasta does not taste as good it without drinking white German Resling since the fruity sweetness in the wine would reflect the freshness of the shrimp, and the pasta. The chief is such a genius of having this combination. Thanks for the suggestion by waiter Jessica.  

No comments:

Post a Comment